Item Category: All > Miscellaneous
2000 Ford Explorer - Poor condition, starts with a jump, runs very rough, suspect it will need a new engine. Some rust on the body, decal residue on body, interior dirty. AM/FM radio, automatic transmission, 216,846 miles. There are holes on exterior and interior where equipment has been removed. Markings have been removed. Vehicle may be viewed at ISP District 13, 1381 S. Washington St., DuQuoin IL. Contact person is Chris Pritchard at 618-542-2171 x1114 for an appointment to view.
Chris Pritchard will contact the buyer after he receives the Title from CMS, to schedule a pick up. Payment may be made by Cashier’s Check or Money Order- paid to the order of SSPRF. Mail to: C/O Rick Pritchard iBid Illinois, 1924 S. 10 ½ St., Springfield, IL 62703, or make payment on-line.
I have been instructed by the Sec of State that we cannot make a title to any name except the name that matches the receipt for vehicle purchases, unless the buyer is a dealer licensed to do business in Illinois.
Failure to make payment within five (5) government working days shall subject the winning bidder to the following:
The seller has sole discretion, reclamation of the awarded property and relisting of the same for public auction; THE SELLER WILL NOT PERMIT DELINQUENT PAYMENT OR PICKUP OF IBID VEHICLES. ALL UNPAID/UNCLAIMED VEHICLES WILL BE RESOLD. WHEN BIDDER MAKES PAYMENT BUT FAILS TO PICK-UP AWARDED PROPERTY, BIDDER SHALL ONLY BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND.
Sec. 3-101. Certificate of title required.
(a) Except as provided in Section 3-102, every owner of a vehicle which is in this State and for which no certificate of title has been issued by the Secretary of State shall make application to the Secretary of State for a certificate of title of the vehicle.
(b) Every owner of a motorcycle or motor driven cycle purchased new on and after January 1, 1980 shall make application to the Secretary of State for a certificate of title. However, if such cycle is not properly manufactured or equipped for general highway use pursuant to the provisions of this Act, it shall not be eligible for license registration, but shall be issued a distinctive certificate of title except as provided in Sections 3-102 and 3-110 of this Act.
(c) The Secretary of State shall not register or renew the registration of a vehicle unless a certificate of title has been issued by the Secretary of State to the owner or an application therefore has been delivered by the owner to the Secretary of State.
(d) Every owner of an all-terrain vehicle or off-highway motorcycle purchased on or after January 1, 1998 shall make application to the Secretary of State for a certificate of title.
(Source: P.A. 90-287, eff. 1-1-98.)
(625 ILCS 5/3-102) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 3-102)
Sec. 3-102. Exclusions.
No certificate of title need be obtained for:
1. A vehicle owned by the State of Illinois; or a vehicle owned by the United States unless it is registered in this State;
2. A vehicle owned by a manufacturer or dealer and held for sale, even though incidentally moved on the highway or used for purposes of testing or demonstration, provided a dealer reassignment area is still available on the manufacturer's certificate of origin or the Illinois title; or a vehicle used by a manufacturer solely for testing;
3. A vehicle owned by a non-resident of this State and not required by law to be registered in this State;
4. A motor vehicle regularly engaged in the interstate transportation of persons or property for which a currently effective certificate of title has been issued in another State;
5. A vehicle moved solely by animal power;
6. An implement of husbandry;
7. Special mobile equipment;
8. An apportionable trailer or an apportionable semitrailer registered in the State prior to April 1, 1998.
(Source: P.A. 91-441, eff. 1-1-00
Many Illinois State Police vehicles being offered were equipped with an after-market air bag switch. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) approved the State's request to install air-bag switches for certain vehicles owned by the State of Illinois and operated by the Illinois State Police. The air bag switches remain active due to the safety benefits provided by air bag switches to the vast majority of drivers.
Purchasers of used vehicles sold by the State of Illinois are cautioned, admonished, encouraged and advised to have the air-bag safety unit inspected prior to operation. All Purchasers are further cautioned that they are solely responsible for conforming to the requirements of any applicable and lawful ordinance, rule or statute governing the resale of vehicles purchased from the State of Illinois.
Air Bag Safety Tips
• Find out if the vehicle has been recalled for safety problems. That information is available on The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Web site: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/
• Check the vehicle's crash test results with the Insurance Institute For Highway Safety (IIHS). The web site is: http://www.iihs.org/. The IIHS is a nonprofit research and communications group funded by auto insurers. You can also find crash test results and other information on NHTSA's Web site;
• Check for signs of previous damage, including mold, paint that doesn't match the rest of the vehicle, frayed safety belts, fenders and doors that don't align, silt in the trunk, and uneven tire tread;
• Check the airbag indicator light on the dash board. (It's sometimes marked "SRS" for supplemental restraint system). If the light doesn't come on, it could mean the airbag system isn't working. Car experts say the airbag warning light in most vehicles comes on when you start the car and stays on for a few seconds. If the light stays on longer, there could be a problem with the airbag system.
• Inspect the airbag cover to be sure it's original and not a replacement. Most original covers are marked "SRS" or "S/R".
|Bidder||Bid||Date and hour|
|yogibear52||$ 350.00||Jul 01, 2014 - 10:55:27 AM|
|yogibear52||$ 345.00||Jul 01, 2014 - 10:55:03 AM|
|yogibear52||$ 335.00||Jul 01, 2014 - 10:38:35 AM|
|urbancowboy61||$ 330.00||Jul 01, 2014 - 10:38:35 AM|
|urbancowboy61||$ 302.50||Jun 30, 2014 - 08:21:26 PM|
|camille713||$ 300.00||Jun 30, 2014 - 08:21:26 PM|
|camille713||$ 252.50||Jun 28, 2014 - 11:19:52 PM|
|billielanders7||$ 250.00||Jun 28, 2014 - 11:19:52 PM|
|camille713||$ 217.50||Jun 28, 2014 - 11:19:36 PM|
|billielanders7||$ 215.00||Jun 28, 2014 - 11:19:36 PM|
|camille713||$ 209.61||Jun 28, 2014 - 11:19:14 PM|
|billielanders7||$ 207.11||Jun 28, 2014 - 11:19:14 PM|
|camille713||$ 203.61||Jun 28, 2014 - 10:56:33 PM|
|billielanders7||$ 201.11||Jun 28, 2014 - 10:56:33 PM|
|billielanders7||$ 152.50||Jun 28, 2014 - 12:36:04 PM|
|royalty7||$ 150.00||Jun 28, 2014 - 12:36:04 PM|
|royalty7||$ 100.00||Jun 26, 2014 - 04:01:39 PM|