Item Category: All > Miscellaneous
1988 Case 585 Tractor 2,934 Hours, Condition C - Does Not Run, Location - 9601 St. Clair Ave., Fairview Heights, IL 62208
CMS Statewide Vehicle and Heavy Equipment Auction
KNOW WHAT YOU AGREE TO!
The State of Illinois has final decision on all awards for this sale. No bid protests shall be considered. No exchanges, trades, or refunds. All sales are final. No onsite previews. No other equipment condition information (runs, starts, etc.) is available other than what is described for each item on the auction website.
Condition of Property/Equipment
Condition of equipment is defined as “unknown.” No other equipment condition information (runs, starts, etc.) is available other than what is described for each item on the auction website Condition of property offered for sale is not warranted. Deficiencies, when known, have been indicated in the property descriptions. However, absence of any indicated deficiencies does not mean that none exists. There will be no preview of this equipment. Equipment is sold “as is, where is” via iBid (http://ibid.illinois.gov) and no warranties are expressed or implied. All sales are final. The State of Illinois, at its discretion, may remove equipment from sale due to economic or safety reasons.
The State of Illinois further cautions bidders that the state’s written description represents the state’s best effort to describe the item based on the information provided to it by the owning agency. Therefore, gross omissions regarding the functionality of equipment, failures to cite major missing parts and/or restrictions with regards to usage may occur. The Government does not warrant the merchantability of the property or its purpose. The purchaser is not entitled to any payment for loss of profit or any other money damages - special, direct, indirect, or consequential.
Oral Statements and Modifications
The State has final decisions on all awards. Any oral statement or representation by any representative of the State of Illinois, changing or supplementing the offering or contract or any condition thereof, is unauthorized and shall confer no right upon the bidder or purchaser. Further, no interpretation of any provision of the contract, including applicable performance requirements, shall be binding on the State of Illinois unless furnished or agreed to, in writing by the State of Illinois or its designated representative.
A credit card is required for all registered users in our online community. Credit card validation assists in the prevention of fraudulent bidding activity and ensures that bidders are prepared to accept responsibility for their bidding activity and all submitted bids are valid. This card number is securely stored and recorded and will automatically be charged if a bidder is the successful bidder of an item. For security reasons and to prevent fraudulent bidding activities, all registered bidders are subject to billing address verification. No P.O. Box address will be accepted unless accompanied by a street address. By entering the credit card information, you are attesting you are an authorized user of the card.
Bids are only accepted in whole U.S. Dollar amounts. Do not enter dollar signs ($) commas (,) or cents (¢). Please note the times displayed are Central Standard Time (CST). Bidders are urged to review the bidding details. It is the responsibility of the bidder to follow-up on the status of his/her bid. When bidding on property via iBid, funds or monies should be readily available; the State is not obligated to wait for bidders to arrange for financing and such action will result in termination of sale and award made to next highest bidder.
Consideration of Bid
It is the policy of State of Illinois to monitor bids and other activity. The State of Illinois reserves the right to reject any and all bids at its sole discretion. Bids can be rejected for any reason, especially those containing inaccurate, incomplete or unverifiable information, or information which is deemed to have been given in bad faith. The State of Illinois monitors for suspicious bids. Such bids are subject to investigation and cancellation at any time. If the State of Illinois removes a posted bid that is unacceptable to the State for any reason, the eligible bidder with the next highest bid, who is in compliance with the online terms and conditions, will become the current high bid. It is a violation of law to submit bids using a false name or any other fraudulent information, and such bids may not be processed, even if the State of Illinois initially accepts your electronic bid. Be aware that if you provide false information, the State of Illinois will remove you from the database and pursue all legal means available to the State of Illinois to prosecute.
Notification of Sale Results
Successful bidders will be notified by email and the winning bidder must immediately after the sale and upon receipt of the award email notification pay for an item and call to schedule pickup. Bid results will not be furnished via telephone or fax. It is the bidder's responsibility to follow-up on the status of his/her bid and to ensure that his/her email address and all registration data are kept accurate and up-to-date. If at any time, your information changes, it is your responsibility to update the appropriate information. Warning: State of Illinois is not responsible for failures by your Internet Service Provider. If any emails are undeliverable and returned due to an inaccurate email address, STATE OF ILLINOIS may remove such registrants from the database. Sales results may be obtained by a successful bidder in their personal summary after the sale closes.
It may be necessary to withdraw items from bidding due to public safety issues, emergencies, technical errors or uncontrollable circumstances. Auctions may also be terminated because the property is no longer available due state agency needs; property becomes damaged; property is stolen, or property was improperly described. Items may be reoffered at a later date.
Reoffering and Resale of Items
Please be advised that items and equipment that are available on iBid are considered property of State of Illinois until such time as it is awarded by the state. As such, and prior to award and removal, this property may not be advertised, offered, pre-sold or otherwise represented as the property of any bidder for personal gain, prior to the award, payment and full possession of items/lots by the awarded bidder. Actions made in violations of this warning may result in legal action and prosecution against the awarded bidder, by the State of Illinois.
Blocked from Bidding
In the event bidders provide false information, bid using unacceptable/profane usernames, or default for non-payment or non-removal, they will lose all rights to place bids for other items for a one year period. With regards to improper usernames, the bidder will be contacted and asked to re-register using a more appropriate username and the "offensively named” account will be blocked to prevent further use.
Default– Failure to pay or schedule pickup
Bidders are cautioned to bid only on items they are prepared to pay for and remove in accordance with the online sale terms and conditions of this sale. Failure to pay for and remove all awarded items, or all items within a lot within the timeframe specified, could result in termination of the contract. The bidder will also be subject to paying liquidated damages to reimburse the State of Illinois.
If you are awarded an item by the State of Illinois, you have responsibility to pay for the item or “Lot” that you were awarded as notified and scheduled after the sale, and you further agree to schedule the removal of equipment within five (5) business days from the auction ending date and time. If you fail to meet either of these two conditions, you will be in violation of the online sale terms and conditions of your contract with the State of Illinois and will be considered "in default.” Last day to pay and schedule pickup is Friday, April 4, 2014.
As a defaulted bidder, you will be responsible for the payment of liquidated damages, an administrative fee for the processing and re-handling of the item for which you neglected to pay for and/or remove. The fee structure will be equal to 15% of award amount. The State of Illinois shall be entitled to retain (to collect) this amount. Further, if an item or “Lot” has been paid for but only a portion of the lot has been removed, you will be deemed to have “defaulted”, and you will only be entitled to a partial refund of that amount plus the default fees described above. Furthermore, you will lose all rights and title to the property that you failed to remove prior to the equipment removal deadline.
Default bidders will be removed from sale and banned for a one year period from date of auction.
Payment and Removal Timeframes
If you are awarded an item by the State of Illinois, you have responsibility to pay for the item or lot that you were awarded as notified and scheduled after the sale, and schedule the removal of equipment within five (5) business days from the posted auction ending date and time. Last day to pay and schedule pickup is Friday, April 4, 2014. The State of Illinois shall only accept VISA and MASTERCARD paid online. Upon pre-approval, you may also pay with a cashier’s check, bank draft or money order. After payment is accepted and processed, an email or “Bidders Receipt” will be directed to the email account on file for this auction. PRINT and RETAIN this PAID RECEIPT CONFIRMATION. This document shall be marked “PAID” and is your authority to remove equipment. Please bring a copy of your “PAID” receipt document to claim your purchase. State will not release equipment without paid receipt.
Withdrawal of Property Post-Award
The State of Illinois reserves the right to withdraw for its use any or all of the property covered by this sale, if a bona fide requirement for the property develops or exists up to the time of the State of Illinois’ acceptance of the high bid of the property.
Forms of Payment
Payment is restricted to the following instruments: MasterCard and VISA accepted online only. And, upon “pre-approval” by CMS Property Control, you may also present a Cashier’s Check, Bank Draft, or Money Order. Payment check must be presented to CMS Property Control and made payable to the State Surplus Property Revolving Fund. (NOTE: wire transfers and/or electronic funds transfers are not permissible for this sale). Last day to pay and schedule for pickup is Friday, April 4, 2014.
PLEASE SEE “Additional terms and instructions to bidders” that follow.
Additional terms and instructions to bidders
Website Questions? Contact CMS:
General questions about iBid or website issues including credit card problems, bidding problems, etc., should be directed to CMS’ Tom Whitehead at (217) 685-2164 or by email at: Thomas.Whitehead@illinois.gov.
Note: No other equipment condition information (runs, starts, etc.) is available other than what is described on the auction website.
PAYMENT: Credit Card or Certified Check (Bank Draft, or Money Order):
- All items must be paid via iBid Payment System by Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard only). Credit Card payment accepted online only.
Certified Check, Bank Draft or Money Ordershall made payable and express mailed to CMS State Surplus Property Revolving Fund (SSPRF), 1924 S. 10 ½ Street, Springfield, IL 62703.
- Checks must arrive on or before close of business 4:00 P.M. (CST) on Friday, April 4, 2014. No personal checks will be accepted.
“Internet” Credit Card Purchases.
- If your credit card does not process, is rejected due to credit limit, invalid account information, etc., the sale will be cancelled immediately and possession will revert to State of Illinois for disposal.
- Please print and bring a copy of your paid receipt and present to state offices. A paid receipt in your name must be presented at state offices and is required to remove property.
- Please note location of equipment is “site specific.”Equipment is located statewide at various locations as indicated. Be sure to note your pickup location for the items you purchase.
- Winning bidders will have five (5) business days from the close of the auction to schedule the removal of equipment. Please see the list of locations at the end of this document for contact information at each location. Winning bidder must call and schedule appointment to pickup at district locations on or before 4:00 p.m. (CST) Friday, April 4, 2014.
- IMPORTANT: Any equipment not scheduled for removal at the end of the five (5) business days will result in forfeiture of sale and equipment will revert to the property of the State of Illinois for disposal. Last day to schedule appointment is April, 4, 2014.
- Titles will be issued at time of removal of equipment and only upon presentation of paid receipt.
- Salvage of or crushing of equipment on Illinois Department of Transportation Property is not permitted. Absolutely “NO” Crushing, cutting up or dismantling of any equipment will be allowed on any Illinois Department of Transportation or Central Management Services Property unless the equipment must be downsized by unbolting parts to make it legal for Transportation purposes. Any and all removal needs will be the buyers responsibility.
- A list of all IDOT and CMS State Garage locations are provided below.
- NO LOADING ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED BY ANY STATE EMPLOYEES. PLEASE BE PREPARED AND ARRIVED WITH NECESSARY EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND RESOURCES TO LOAD AND SECURE YOUR PURCHASES ONTO YOUR TRANPORTATION CARRIERS.
- SUCCESSFUL BIDDERS ARE CAUTIONED THAT THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE AND SHOULD BE PREPARD TO LOAD AND REMOVE ANY AND ALL PROPERTY AWARDED TO THEM FROM THE EXACT PLACE WHERE THE PROPERTY IS LOCATED, AS INDICATED ON THE ITEM DESCRIPTION PAGE FOR EACH ITEM THAT THEY PURCHASED.
- THE PURCHASER SHOULD BE PREPARED AND WILLING TO MAKE ALL ARRANGEMENTS AND PERFORM ALL WORK NECESSARY TO EFFECT REMOVAL OF THE PROPERTY, INCLUDING PACKING, LOADING AND TRANSPORTATION OF THE PROPERTY.
REMOVAL DOCUMENTATION & TITLES:
- Please bring and a copy of the “paid invoice” emailed to you by the State of Illinois, iBid.
- Be prepared to present a copy of “paid invoice” to the state representative at the time of arrival for pickup.
- If you are contracting removal of your winning bid, please ensure your transportation contractor has a copy of the paid receipt and a letter from the winning bidder authorizing removal on bidders’ behalf.
- YOU MUST SCHEDULE YOUR PICKUP BY APPOINTMENT. To ensure a quick pickup/load up, please contact the posted supervisor at the location of your equipment. Contact information is listed at the end of this document for each location.
- Titles will be issued at the location where your equipment is located and upon presentation of a “Paid Receipt” at the IDOT or CMS location where equipment is located.
- Title AND equipment will not be issued without a PAID RECEIPT and personal identification (driver’s license, state ID card, etc.).
- The Bidder/Buyer assumes all risk for securing equipment purchased immediately following the sale. The State of Illinois will not provide security for your purchases. Therefore, you should make arrangements to remove your equipment immediately.
- NO SECURITY IS PROVIDED. The State is not responsible for theft or stolen equipment once ownership is transferred (payment is received). Be advised that theft and cannibalism of unsecured equipment is the sole responsibility of the winning bidder. Immediately following the close of sale, it is bidder’s responsibility to secure equipment. It is up to the winning bidder to secure equipment and removal as quickly as possible.
IDOT Yard Locations
DISTRICT BRIDGE TRADE LOT
1101 BIESTERFIELD RD
ELK GROVE, IL 60007
Contact-John Bilski or Steve Martini 847-956-1444
8630 JOLIET RD., McCOOK, IL 60525
Contact-Jack Neven or Bob Donahue -708-485-2446
DIXON WEST YARD
2703 W. 4TH ST., DIXON, IL 61021
Contact – Paris Fotos @309-236-3545 (cell)
PONTIAC OPS YARD
12970 EAST 1700 NORTH ROAD, PONTIAC, IL 61764
CONTACT-Doug Jorstad 815-844-6522
LASALLE MAINTENANCE YARD
2991 EAST 350TH ROAD, LASALLE, IL 61301
CONTACT-Doug Jorstad 815-844-6522
MATERIALS STORAGE LOT
6500 W US HWY 150, EDWARDS, IL
Contact-Keenan Grutter 309/693-5126
6504 W US HWY 150, EDWARDS, IL 61528
Contact-Keenan Grutter 309/693-5126
13473 IL HWY 133, PARIS, IL 61944
Contact- Jason Ogle at 217-466-7292 or
Ron Maulding at 217-466-7290
650 N LINCOLN AVE., SPFLD, IL 62702
Contact-Mike Bull, Building E
Phone, (217) 524-4970 Blackberry, (217) 299-6118
EFFINGHAM WEST YARD
1900 W. NATIONAL, EFFINGHAM, IL 62401
Contact- David Probst, 217/821/1621
or John Tinsley, 217/342/8269
400 W. WABASH, EFFINGHAM, IL 62401
Contact-Randy Blackford 217-342-8214
9601 St. Clair Ave., Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Connie Horrell OR Jane Morgando 618-444-1435
South Parking Area D9 HQ
2801 W. Murphysboro, IL 62903
Contact-Brandon Hill 618-534-8269
Bureau of Materials and Physical Research
BMPR-126 E. Ash St. Spfld
Contact -David Lass 217-785-4888
3524 E. COOK, SPFLD
Contact Steve Casper 1-217-782-6287
NORTHERN REGIONAL MANAGER
SUBURBAN NORTHGARAGE#49 ELGINSTATEGARAGE#21
9511HARRISONSTREET 595SOUTHSTATESTREET DESPLAINES,IL60016-1566 ELGIN,IL60123-7603
1620PORTERSTREET 111YOUNTAVENUE OTTAWA,IL61350-1600 WATSEKA,IL60970-1272
20025DIVISIONSTREET 817DEPOTAVENUE CRESTHILL,IL60435 DIXON,IL61021-3500