Item Category: All > Miscellaneous
Bidder Pre-Approval Required
Bid Deposit Required
See Terms and Conditions Below
LOCATION: This aircraft is located in Sugar Grove, IL and is in repairable condition
Make: CESSNA AIRCRAFT COMPANY Model: 421C Golden Eagle
Serial No: 421C-1802 Reg. No.: N4131Q Yr. Mfg.: 1985
Type of Aircraft: Multi Engine Piston Turbo Cabin Class
Airframe Total Time: 7478Hrs.
Engine Manufacturer: Continental Model: GTSIO-520-N
Engine Total Time: 4011 Hrs.
Time Since Major Overhaul: 774 Hrs.
Engine #2 Serial No.: 276462-R
Engine Total Time: 3246 Hrs.
Time Since Major Overhaul: 299 Hrs.
Propeller #1 (Right)
Make: McCauley Model: 3FF32C501-C No. Blades: 3
TSO/New: 299 Date O/H: 07/24/2012
Propeller #2 (Left)
Make: MCCAULEY Model: 3FF32C501-C No. Blades: 3
TSO/New: 774 Date O/H: 05/28/02
This aircraft is located at JA Air Center Inc., in Sugar Grove, IL. N4131Q has been operated by the Illinois State Police and maintenance performed by contract vendor. This aircraft is in repairable condition.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS:
Bids on aircraft will be accepted only online at iBid (http://ibid.illinois.gov). Bids will be accepted online beginning 6 p.m. (CST) Monday, September 29, 2014. The auction concludes 3 p.m. (CST) Monday, December 15, 2014.
To be eligible to bid, prospective bidders must submit a $10,000 bid deposit. Instructions for submitting the deposit will be provided by the State after the bidder is qualified.
Prospective bidders must download and complete the “Bidder Application Form” and be prequalified for this sale. Unrecognized and unknown bids will be rejected from the sale.
The State’s goal is to maximize the return on taxpayer funded assets. The State will extend the auction closing time on assets in 3-minute increments until there is one clear, uncontested winner.
The State of Illinois reserves the right to change the online sale terms and conditions, including removing equipment or aircraft from sale. Bidders should periodically review these terms and conditions for possible updates and changes.
BID DEPOSIT REQUIRED/INSTRUCTIONS
One $10,000 refundable bid deposit is required for gaining access to bid on any and all State aircraft listed for auction and guarantees you access to bid at public auction. Only organizations and individuals who have completed the Bidder Application Form and submitted a deposit will be considered eligible to bid.
At the time of the approved bidder application, the State will email eligible bidder with instructions to wire transfer and escrow bid deposit with the State’s selected aircraft title company.
The State will not accept bid deposits. The State’s title company must receive your bid deposit no later than 2 p.m. (CST) on Monday, December 15, 2014 to be eligible to bid. Auction closings will be staggered and will begin closing at 3 p.m.
Bidders must provide their iBid login name, telephone number, email address and return mailing address when submitting bid deposit. Bidders will be notified via email following receipt of the deposit.
NOTE: Only one (1) deposit per bidder is required to bid on one or more of the aircraft on this sale.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By placing a bid on any item offered sale, the bidder creates a binding offer between the bidder and the Illinois Department of Central Management Services with the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
The Illinois Department of Central Management Services shall accept the highest bid on any item offered for sale provided that such bid equals or exceeds the unpublished reserve price for the item.
Upon the Illinois Department of Central Management Services acceptance of any bid, a contract between the bidder and the Illinois Department of Central Management Services shall exist and shall contain the following Terms and Conditions:
1) All property offered for sale is “as-is” and “where-is.”
2) All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
3) In its sole discretion and without notice, the Illinois Department of Central Management Services will extend the auction closing time on any asset in increments of three (3) minutes to ensure one clear and uncontested high bidder.
4) The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and all other warranties (including but not limited to the authenticity, guarantee of condition, or value of any item), either expressed or implied, are specifically disclaimed and excluded from any sale or transaction.
5) Buyer must be registered and prequalified with the Illinois Department of Central Management Services.
6) Buyer is of legal age and without legal disability to enter into a contract with the Illinois Department of Central Management Services.
7) Every effort has been made to accurately describe the items offered for sale. Items presented are used and may contain defects not immediately detectable. Bidders are encouraged to inspect carefully as photos may be outdated.
8) The Illinois Department of Central Management Services reserves the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to reject any and/or all bids considered as not in their respective best interest.
9) The Illinois Department of Central Management Services reserves the right to withdraw an item at any time – including during the bidding process.
10) Sales Tax will not be added to the total amount of the purchase. Bidder is responsible for any and all taxes and fees resulting from the purchase.
11) Bidder shall not be an employee of the Illinois Department of Central Management Services or a person living in the household of any person employed by the Department.
12) In addition to all other remedies available at law or in equity, Bidders may be disabled and barred from participation in future Illinois Department of Central Management Services auctions or sales for any of the following:
Failure to observe these Terms and Conditions.
Failure to make good and timely payment for the item(s) awarded.
Failure to claim purchases.
Intentional disruption of the auction process.
13) Registered users may be disabled from participation in State of Illinois Department of Central Management Services sales for any of the following:
Suspicious registration information.
Incomplete registration information.
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Winning bidder agrees to remit, within seven (7) business days after the date of award, payment in full. The only form of payment accepted is a Wire Transfer. No other form of payment will be accepted. Wire transfer instructions will be provided to winning bidder.
All closing fees, costs, title, escrow fees, and other costs associated with this sale are to be paid by the successful bidder. Wire transfer instructions will be provided to winning bidders.
The aircraft, flight documents, logbooks, maintenance records, and related documents will not be released to the winning bidder until full payment and receipt of amount bid.
AWARD, FINAL INSPECTION, AND REMOVAL OF AIRCRAFT
If you are the successful bidder, property must be paid for within seven (7) business days after the date of award and property removed within ten (10) business days from the time and date of the award email notification of sale results, unless otherwise agreed to and approved by the State.
Within five (5) business days of award, the State will permit final viewing prior to payment in full. At the time that payment in full has been received, the State will release the aircraft, all required flight documents and logs, maintenance records, and related documents. All closing fees, costs, title, escrow fees, and other costs associated with this sale are to be paid by the successful bidder.
Withdrawal of Property after Award
The State reserves the right to withdraw for its use any or all of the property and equipment covered by this contract, if a bona fide requirement for the property develops or exists up to the time of the State’s acceptance of the high bid of the property. In the event of a withdrawal under this condition, the State shall be liable only for the refund of the contract price of the withdrawn property or such portion of the contract price as it may have received.
Bidders are cautioned that aircraft awarded to foreign buyers and companies outside of the Continental United States may be required to complete and provide other aircraft certifications (and deregistration) in accordance with Federal laws and regulations prior to removal of aircraft.
Property must be removed within ten (10) business days from the date and time of award email notification unless otherwise agreed to by the State. Removal of the aircraft is by appointment only.
SUCCESSFUL BIDDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PACKING, LOADING AND REMOVING ANY AND ALL PROPERTY AWARDED TO THEM FROM THE EXACT PLACE WHERE THE PROPERTY IS LOCATED, AS INDICATED ON THE ITEM DESCRIPTION PAGE FOR EACH ITEM THAT THEY PURCHASE ON iBid.illinois.gov WEBSITE. THE PURCHASER/WINNING BIDDER WILL MAKE ALL ARRANGEMENTS AND PERFORM ALL WORK NECESSARY TO EFFECT REMOVAL OF THE PROPERTY, TO INCLUDE PACKING, LOADING AND TRANSPORTATION OF THE PROPERTY AT ITS SOLE EXPENSE.
Default/Failure to Remove/Penalties
Winning bidder must bring proof of identification, bidder receipts, and proof of payment, proof of insurance, and pilot’s license.
Individuals or companies representing the winning bidder(s) must provide a written letter of authorization to remove aircraft, and confirmation of such by the Title Company and state.
Unpaid & Unclaimed Aircraft
Aircraft must be paid within seven (7) business days from the date of the award. Failure to make timely payment shall subject the winning bidder to the following penalties:
At the State’s sole discretion, a reclamation of the awarded property and relisting of the same for public auction or award to successor bidder, or other remedies deemed advantageous to the State to conclude sale;
Forfeiture of total bid deposit; and
Assessment of any additional fees and charges including any storage, administrative or other expenses necessary to re-auction or sell the unclaimed aircraft.
ALL UNPAID AND UNCLAIMED AIRCRAFT WILL BE RESOLD AND THE PENALTIES LISTED ABOVE SHALL BE IMPOSED ON THE DELIQUENT BIDDER. WHEN BIDDER MAKES PAYMENT BUT FAILS TO PICK-UP AWARDED PROPERTY, BIDDER SHALL ONLY BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND, LESS THE ABOVE PENALTIES ENUMERATED ABOVE.
The foregoing remedies are non-exclusive and are in addition to any other remedies that the State of Illinois Department of Central Management Services has at law or in equity to minimize damages to the state for unpaid unclaimed aircraft.