Item Category: All > Miscellaneous
2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA (Equipment #43732 Vin #2G1WS551369415341) DAMAGES: VEHICLE STRUCK A LARGE RACOON DAMAGING THE FRONT BUMPER AND UNDERCARRAIGE. A CHUNK OF STEEL BROKE OFF THE FLYWHEEL. IT IS UNKNOWN HOW MUCH ENGINE DAMAGE WITHOUT TEARING THE ENGINE APART. THE VEHICLE WILL NOT START DUE TO THE DAMAGED FLYWHEEL. DRIVERS SIDE FRONT FENDER AND REAR DOOR ARE DENTED. THE VEHICLE DOES NOT HAVE A BACK SEAT. A TOW IS NEEDED. Has Cruise control, power windows and locks, AM/FM radio, automatic transmission, 149459 miles. There may be some holes on exterior and interior where equipment has been removed. Markings have been removed. Vehicle may be viewed at District 18, 102 W RT 16, Litchfield, IL. Contact person is Tpr. Jeremy Nairn at 217-324-4900 x218 for an appointment to view. Viewing will be between 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
You may pick up this vehicle Monday through Thursday only between 1:00PM and 3:00PM. Tpr. Nairn will contact the buyer when he has Title is in his possession. Payment may be made by Cashier’s Check or Money Order- paid to the order of SSPRF. Mail to: C/O Virgil iBid Illinois, 1924 S. 10 ½ St., Springfield, IL 62703, or make payment on-line. The vehicle will not be released without a Title. Do not show up at the District if an appointment is not made. The vehicle will not be released.
I have been instructed by the Sec of State that we cannot make a title to any name except the name that matches the receipt for vehicle purchases, unless the buyer is a dealer licensed to do business in Illinois.
Failure to make payment within five (5) government working days shall subject the winning bidder to the following:
A) in Illinois Department of Central Management Services sole discretion, reclamation of the awarded property and relisting of the same for public auction;
B) the payment of such fees and charges including any storage, administrative or other expenses necessary to re-auction the unclaimed item; and
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF CENTRAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES WILL NOT PERMIT DELINQUENT PAYMENT OR PICKUP OF IBID MERCHANDISE. ALL UNPAID/UNCLAIMED ITEMS WILL BE RESOLD AND ABOVE PENALTIES SHALL BE IMPOSED ON DELINQUENT BIDDER. WHEN BIDDER MAKES PAYMENT BUT FAILS TO PICK-UP AWARDED PROPERTY, BIDDER SHALL ONLY BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND, LESS THE ABOVE PENALTIES ENUMERATED ABOVE.
Sec. 3-101. Certificate of title required.
(625 ILCS 5/3-102) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 3-102)
VEHICLES SOLD BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS ARE SOLD “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MECHANTABILITY AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, BOTH OF WHICH ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED BY BUYER. NO EMPLOYEE, AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS IS AUTHORIZED TO GRANT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER OR TO MODIFY THE TERMS OF THIS DISCLAIMER IN ANY MANNER.
Many Illinois State Police vehicles being offered were equipped with an after-market air bag switch. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) approved the State's request to install air-bag switches for certain vehicles owned by the State of Illinois and operated by the Illinois State Police. The air bag switches remain active due to the safety benefits provided by air bag switches to the vast majority of drivers.
Purchasers of used vehicles sold by the State of Illinois are cautioned, admonished, encouraged and advised to have the air-bag safety unit inspected prior to operation. All Purchasers are further cautioned that they are solely responsible for conforming to the requirements of any applicable and lawful ordinance, rule or statute governing the resale of vehicles purchased from the State of Illinois.
Air Bag Safety Tips
• Find out if the vehicle has been recalled for safety problems. That information is available on The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Web site: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/;
• Check the vehicle's crash test results with the Insurance Institute For Highway Safety (IIHS). The web site is: http://www.iihs.org/. The IIHS is a nonprofit research and communications group funded by auto insurers. You can also find crash test results and other information on NHTSA's Web site;
• Check for signs of previous damage, including mold, paint that doesn't match the rest of the vehicle, frayed safety belts, fenders and doors that don't align, silt in the trunk, and uneven tire tread;
• Check the airbag indicator light on the dash board. (It's sometimes marked "SRS" for supplemental restraint system). If the light doesn't come on, it could mean the airbag system isn't working. Car experts say the airbag warning light in most vehicles comes on when you start the car and stays on for a few seconds. If the light stays on longer, there could be a problem with the airbag system.
• Inspect the airbag cover to be sure it's original and not a replacement. Most original covers are marked "SRS" or "S/R".
|Bidder||Bid||Date and hour|
|fabrigol17||$ 1,025.00||Oct 27, 2013 - 09:46:35 PM|
|rrshaff1||$ 1,000.00||Oct 27, 2013 - 09:45:50 PM|
|fabrigol17||$ 1,000.00||Oct 27, 2013 - 09:45:50 PM|
|rrshaff1||$ 860.00||Oct 27, 2013 - 09:45:11 PM|
|fabrigol17||$ 850.00||Oct 27, 2013 - 09:45:11 PM|
|rrshaff1||$ 760.00||Oct 27, 2013 - 08:19:16 PM|
|fabrigol17||$ 750.00||Oct 27, 2013 - 08:19:16 PM|
|fabrigol17||$ 710.00||Oct 27, 2013 - 05:21:47 PM|
|rrshaff1||$ 700.00||Oct 27, 2013 - 05:21:47 PM|
|rrshaff1||$ 500.00||Oct 26, 2013 - 09:52:43 AM|