Item Category: All > Vehicles > Cars, SUVs, Vans, Buses
E#43456 / VIN#1D4GP25E16B647517 / 2006 Dodge Caravan, 112252 miles. 3.3 ltr.V-6 engine w A/C .Vehicle starts with a jump intermittently . Electrical Harness has Major Short , vehicle dys out .
Needs various repairs such as Brakes , Engine maint. ,Suspension, etc. Body (Silver) Poor Condition ; Severe Rust Present at Rocker Panels , Lower body and Under body . Interior(Gray) Fair Condition
There should be NO EXPECTATION of ROADWORTHINESS / VEHICLE TO BE TOWED OFF SITE .
Location: Chicago Northside Garage
7075 w. Forest Preserve Ave.
Chcicago , Il. 60634
Call for Viewing Times : 1-773-736-5290
CMS Northside Garage
7075 west Side Forest Preserve Drive
Chicago, Il. 60634
CMS Statewide Vehicle & Equipment Auctions
Terms & Conditions
KNOW WHAT YOU AGREE TO!
The Illinois Department of Central Management Services’ (CMS) Surplus Property Division accepts online bids for vehicles and equipment no longer needed and deemed surplus. The items may include, but may not be limited to, passenger cars, vans, and trucks; heavy-duty vans and trucks; and off-road equipment.
CMS Surplus Property has final decision on all awards for this sale. All property is offered and sold "as is, where is." Preview of equipment shall be at the discretion of the owning agency based on operations and/or other issues, and in many instances no preview is permitted. By State policy, equipment condition information is limited to basic information (runs, starts, etc.). No other information or reports will be made available concerning condition other than what is described for each item on the auction website.
Bidders are encouraged to carefully read the auction terms and equipment information. No protests shall be considered. No exchanges, trades, or refunds. ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
The Illinois Department of Central Management Services will allow preview of vehicles at the CMS Northside Garge 7075 West Forest Preserve Drive. Preview hours are Monday - Friday 8:30AM to 3:00PM. Please verify office hours for previewing or pickup times by calling (847) 294-4152.
CONDITIONS OF PROPERTY/EQUIPMENT
Condition of equipment is defined as "unknown." No other equipment condition information (runs, starts, etc.) is available other than what is described for each item on the auction website. Condition of property offered for sale is not warranted. Deficiencies, when known, have been indicated in the property descriptions.
CMS further cautions Bidders that the State’s written description represents the State’s best effort to describe the item based on the information provided to it by the owning agency. Therefore, gross omissions regarding the functionality of equipment, failures to cite major missing parts, and/or restrictions with regards to usage may occur. CMS does not warrant the merchantability of the property or its purpose. The absence of any indicated deficiencies does not mean that none exists.
Equipment is sold "as is, where is." No warranties are expressed or implied. The purchaser is not entitled to any payment for loss of profit or any other money damages - special, direct, indirect, or consequential. ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
ORAL STATEMENTS & MODIFICATIONS
CMS has final decisions on all acceptable offers/bids. Any oral statement or representation by any representative of CMS, changing or supplementing the offering or contract or any condition thereof, is unauthorized and shall confer no right upon the purchaser. Further, no interpretation of any provision of the contract, including applicable performance requirements, shall be binding on the State of Illinois, its agencies, unless furnished or agreed to, in writing by the State of Illinois or its designated representative.
The auction format will be an on-line public auction to the highest bidder. Please note the times displayed are Central Standard Time (CST). Bidders are urged to review the auction details.
It is the responsibility of the Bidder to follow-up on the status of his/her bid. When purchasing property for sale, funds or monies of the eligible Bidder should be readily available. CMS is not obligated to wait for eligible Bidders to arrange for financing, and such action, at the sole discretion of CMS, may result in termination of sale and award made to next eligible Bidder. To maximize the return to the taxpayers, the State will automatically extend the auction in 3-minute increments until one (1) clear uncontested winning is awarded.
CONSIDERATION OF BID
It is the policy of CMS to monitor bids and other activity. CMS reserves the right to reject any and all offers at its sole discretion. Offers can be rejected for any reason, or no reason, including without limitation for containing inaccurate, incomplete, or unverifiable information, or information which is deemed to have been given in bad faith.
CMS monitors for suspicious activity and ineligible offers. Unusual offers of bad faith, offers from inactive or unknown parties or organizations are subject to investigation and cancelation at any time. If a posted offer is deemed unacceptable to CMS for any reason, the eligible Bidder with the next highest bid, who is in compliance with the online terms and conditions, will become the current high offer.
It is a violation of law to submit offers using a false name or any other fraudulent information, and such offers may not be processed, even if CMS initially accepts your electronic offer. Be aware that if you provide false information, CMS will remove the fraudulent bid from the database and hereby reserves the right to pursue all legal means available to State of Illinois to prosecute.
NOTIFICATION OF SALE RESULTS
Successful bids by eligible Bidders will be notified by email, and the eligible Bidder must immediately, after the sale and upon receipt of the award email notification, pay for an item and call to schedule pick-up. Offers and results of sale will not be furnished via telephone or fax.
It is the Bidder’s responsibility to follow-up on the status of his/her bid, and to ensure that his/her email address and all registration data are kept accurate and up-to-date. If at any time, your information changes, it is your responsibility to update the appropriate information promptly.
Warning: CMS is not responsible for failures by your Internet Service Provider. If any emails are undeliverable and returned due to an inaccurate email address, CMS may remove such registrants from the database.
It may be necessary to withdraw items from the sale due to public safety issues, emergencies, technical errors or uncontrollable circumstances. Sales may also be terminated because the property is no longer available due to State agency needs, property becomes damaged, property is stolen, or property was improperly described. Items may be reoffered at a later date at the discretion of the State.
BLOCKED FROM BIDDING
In the event any Bidder provides false information, bids using unacceptable/profane username, as determined by CMS in its sole discretion, or defaults for non-payment or non-removal, such Bidder lose all rights to place bids for other items for a one (1) year period. With regards to improper usernames, the Bidder will be contacted and asked to re-register using a more appropriate username, and the "offensively named" account will be blocked to prevent further use.
REOFFERING AND RESALE OF ITEMS
Please be advised that items and equipment that are available in the sale are considered property of the State until such time as it is awarded by the State. As such, and prior to award, removal, and full possession of item/loss by the awarded surplus Bidder, this property may not be advertised, offered, pre-sold, or otherwise represented as the property for personal gain. Actions made in violations of this warning may result in legal action and prosecution against the awarded Bidder by CMS.
PAYMENT & REMOVAL TIMEFRAMES
If you are awarded an item by CMS, the winning Bidder is responsible and required to pay for the item awarded as notified after the sale, unless otherwise agreed to by CMS. Buyers will be notified of available pick up dates and times. After payment is accepted and processed, an email or "Bidder’s Receipt" will be directed to the email account on file for this sale. PRINT and RETAIN this PAID RECEIPT CONFIRMATION.
CMS may mail the titles for sold vehicles to the buyer, or titles may be available to the buyer at the pick up location at the time of their pick up appointment, as determined by CMS DOV / License & Title.
Vehicles will not be released without a paid invoice (bill of sale), and a properly prepared and executed "Power of Attorney" if the named Buyer is not the party picking the vehicle up.
DEFAULT - FAILURE TO PAY OR SCHEDULE PICK-UP
Bidders are cautioned to submit bids only on items they are prepared to pay for and remove in accordance with the online sale terms and conditions of this sale. All awarded items must be paid for and have a removal appointment scheduled within five (5) business days from the posted sale ending date/ time. Furthermore, all items must be removed at the scheduled time/date of removal. Failure to pay for and/or remove all awarded items could result in termination of the contract and no refund will be made.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
All payments must be received by the State by the close of business on the 5th business day of sale closing. The State of Illinois shall accept online payments in the form of VISA and/or MASTERCARD ONLY. Bidders may also pay by cashier’s check, bank draft, or money order. The check/draft/money order must be made payable to the State Surplus Property Revolving Fund (SSPRF) and include notation of auction ID, lot #, or equipment #.
If paying by cashier’s check, bank draft, or money order, Buyer must notify us via email within five (5) business days of auction close if payment is being made via mail. Mail payment to: SSRF, 1924 So. 10 ½ Street, Springfield, IL 62703
1. Please print and bring a copy of your paid receipt, and present at the time of removal. A paid receipt in the Bidder’s name must be presented at State offices, and is required to remove property. If you are contracting removal of your winning bid, please ensure your transportation contractor has a copy of the paid receipt, and a properly prepared and executed "Power of Attorney."
2. Titles for certain assets may be issued at time of removal of equipment, only upon presentation of paid receipt and personal identification. Title and equipment will not be issued without a PAID RECEIPT and personal Federal or State issued identification (driver’s license, State ID card, etc.). The contact at the location will require a signature and date on the paid receipt, and will make a copy of your identification for filing.
Note: Vehicles will not be released without a paid invoice (bill of sale), , and a properly prepared and executed "Power of Attorney" if the named Buyer is not the party picking the vehicle up.
Power of attorney form can be found at this web address: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/rt5.pdf
3. Please note location of equipment is "site specific." Equipment is located Statewide at various locations. Specific address information and point of contact will be provided to the winning Bidder only at the conclusion of the sale. Be sure to note your pickup location and dates and times your purchase will be available for pickup. Pickup locations are closed on weekend and State Holidays.
4. Awarded Bidders will have five (5) business days from the close of the sale to schedule the removal of equipment, unless otherwise agreed to by the State of Illinois.
5. Any equipment not scheduled for removal at the end of the five (5) business days will result in forfeiture of sale, equipment will revert to the property of the State of Illinois for disposal, and no refund will be made, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the holding/owning State agency.
6. Salvage of or crushing of equipment on State of Illinois property is not permitted. Absolutely "NO" Crushing, cutting up, or dismantling of any equipment will be allowed on any State of Illinois property unless the equipment must be downsized by unbolting parts to make it legal for transportation purposes. Any and all removal needs will be the Bidders responsibility.
- NO SECURITY IS PROVIDED. The Bidders assumes all risk for securing equipment purchased immediately following the sale. The State of Illinois will not provide security for your purchases. Therefore, you should make arrangements to remove your equipment immediately upon payment.
- The State is not responsible to any Bidder or Purchaser for theft or stolen equipment-. Be advised that theft and cannibalism of unsecured equipment is the sole responsibility of the winning Bidder. Immediately following the close of sale, it is Bidder’s responsibility to secure equipment. It is up to the winning Bidder to secure equipment and removal as quickly as possible.
- Assistance may be provided if and when available. However, winning Bidders should be prepared and arrive with the necessary equipment, tools, and resources to load and secure your purchases onto your transportation carriers, and remove your purchases from the property.
- Successful Bidders are cautioned that they are responsible and should be prepared to load and remove any and all property awarded them from the exact place where the property is located as stated in the State’s written description.
- Upon release of the vehicle by the State to Buyer or Buyer’s Agent, the Buyer does hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the State regarding any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever, which arise or may hereafter arise upon submitting payment for the vehicle that may arise after taking possession of the vehicle.